Saturday, March 24, 2007

Road Trip

I'm sitting here and wondering what can I write about, do I need to write something everyday or just once a week or monthly. I think it is good for the soul if you can write something every day it doesn’t have to be important, it could as simple as hello world or today I had good day, or work was **** today perhaps tomorrow will be better.


The other day I went on a road trip, a friend ask me to join her on a day out and I thought this will be nice and it was overall, only she forgot to mentioned the day would be starting at 8.15am.

Now for someone who has been on holidays for the last two week and has had the luxury of sleeping past 10am it was a bit a shock having to get up at 6am to meet at 7am to reach the start destination by 8.15am. I don’t know about anyone else, but knowing you have to wake up at a certain time you end up waking several times during the night because you are worried about over sleeping.

So back the road trip as we both work in a Library this sounded interesting. There was trip arranged for anyone interested to attend several presentation, these included a talk by an author of children’s books on how her book was created, the process involved in getting the book published from the first idea to the finished product, from there to the selling of the book through booksellers. We also invited to view several rare children’s books held at the Melbourne University, Baillieu Library.

The afternoon found us traveling out to Dromkeen, (the Dromkeen Collection Art Gallery, holds a priceless exhibition of original artwork and manuscripts of Australian children's literature).

Getting there was an experience, my friend and I were sitting in the front seats and could see the driver, now I don’t know if he was new or it was just the way he drove but he continually moved the steering wheel left to right just slightly mind you but it was enough to make us feel like we were on a boat, one other passenger commented later that if the bus trip had been any long she have been sick. I have been on many bus trips in my life and have never come across such a rough ride, but in the end it was worth it because Dromkeen is a beautiful place to visit.

The trip home was a bit smoother perhaps he had settled down by then. It was a long day and that night I slept like a baby.

No comments: